I believe in karma. Not the type that hits a person right after a bad act into the face. Sooner the one that hits a bad person some years later, but then with all her power. Notice: Karma will not follow immediately but it will follow.
Karma shouldn’t be the reason you help people. Good deeds come out of the situation if your feeling that you’re doing the right. Every little deed could be a good one. Every little thing could make someone’s day. Always keep in mind:
»You can’t change the world,
but you can make a difference«
I wanna give you some inspiration to make a difference. Even if the things seem small to you, try them out and convince yourself about the impact they do.
Here are my 51 favorite small good deeds to do every day.
- Hold the door open for somebody
- Make a stranger smile
- Use a cotton bag instead of a plastic bag, the environment doesn’t need any more plastic trash.
- Create some sticky notes with sweet messages like “Take a smile” or “You’re great!” and tie them up at a well-attended public place.
- Talk good about people, even if they’re not present. No one likes knockers.
- Separate the trash. I don’t know how it works in your country, but in Germany, it is so easy to separate the plastic from the biological trash. Even if your thinking that this isn’t a big deal, it can do a big impact if everyone goes by the rules.
- Sort out old clothes and donate them to an official company. The German one is for example “Deutsches Rotes Kreuz”. Please be sure that the things are wearable.
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen for homeless people or at a food bank.
- Look after your pets and spent time with them. They will be very thankful even if they can’t express their selves trough words.
- Treat your neighbor with a little gift. You could bring them bread on a Sunday morning or share your delicious meal you would never manage to eat alone. True to the motto: Sharing is caring.
- Write down 3 things you’re grateful for.
- Smile at yourself everytime passing a mirror. It will do a great impact to your mood. Why not smile at that furious looking person in the mirror. I promise you when you smile she will smile back.
- Don’t waste food. Try to use also the rests in your fridge. Sometimes the meals out of rests come out as the tastiest ones.
- Say thank you to a friend or left them a note saying thank you. You will be the hero of the day and your friend will be very happy about it too.
- Volunteer at an animal home or go on a walk with a dog. You don’t know how happy you make the lonely animals.
- Sign up for a charity run. This opportunity includes three good aspects. Your getting in shape, you meet new people with the same interests and it’s all for a good cause.What are your waiting for? You can find charity runs in every bigger town.
- Offer your seat to someone who needs it (old people, pregnant woman). We’re sitting too much on workdays anyway.
- Hold down for some minutes and realize the nature in all it facets.
- Listen carefully. Don’t interrupt or change the subject, open up your ears and try to be fully aware of the words your hearing.
- Ask a loved one about their day and follow Rule 19.
- Buy fresh flowers for a family member – just because.
- Talk to a person that seems lonely.
- Offer Tourists to take a picture of them. Don’t run away with the camera. 😉
- Make someone a nice compliment, but only if you mean it.
- It’s raining. Share your umbrella.
- Open the train door when you see people running to your compartment.
- Donate your already read books to your local library. Be honest, you will never read every book in your shelves again.
- Be nice to a person you originally don’t like that much.
- Hug someone you like.
- Take the bike instead of your car.
- Buy a whole meal and give it to a homeless person. You will feel great afterward.
- Switch off the light in summer, it’s bright enough outside. You won’t need it.
- Turn the tap off while brushing your teeth.
- Answer the phone with a cheerful voice. The person on the other side of the cable will be nicer too.
- Bake something for your colleagues. Everyone appreciates a chocolate muffin.
- Donate money online.
- Offer your local library to read out for children.
- Call an old friend you haven’t heard from for a long time.
- Prepare breakfast/dinner for the whole family.
- Comment something nice under a Blogpost you like. For you, it’s only a short message. For the Blogger, it is a big thing that makes him happy.
- Help a friend in need. For example, help him to move into his new home. Each hand brings a faster end.
- Give the waiter a big tip and a smile.
- “I made a man so happy when I wrote a letter once” Do you know from wich song this phrase is coming? Comment your suggestion down below!
Write a letter to an old friend or your grandparents.
- Share a Blogpost. One click for you. A lot of new readers for the Blogger. 😉
- Listen to a street musician. Applaud him. Give him a tip.
- Donate your most valuable resource – Time.
- Buy 2 coffees and give one to a stranger. Wish him a good start into the day.
- Help a kid solving his homework. Nothing is more discouraging than wasting time with a hard homework.
- Tell your friend/family member/ partner how much he means to you.
- Be respectful and nice on the internet. Anonymity isn’t a cause to be mean to others. Spread love not hate!
That were a lot of kind deeds you can do every day. You don’t need to do 50 good things at once. One good deed a day should be possible. Some things in my List are natural for me. For example holding the door open for everyone that follows after me. That’s not the case for everyone.
As I already mentioned there are some little things on my List you could do to make a Blogger (ME) really happy. For example sharing this Post to spread some compassion and make the world a better place. Also, a comment of your favorite good deed on the list would be interesting.
Thanks for reading the today’s Blogpost! I hope that you have some new ideas to try next time you’re in public. It neither hard to make someone smile nor beeing nice to others. It also affects your mood, so give it a try.
Have a nice #HappySunday and a positive start into the week!
Do you like List Posts? Here are some more: